Our society must cope with many social challenges, such as poverty, a lack of education, violence and addictions. Vilavi’s purpose is based on the conviction that, with appropriate support, each person will be able to find within him/herself the resources necessary to achieve success in her/his personal development and social integration.
The Mission of Vilavi consists of developing initiatives and programs with the objective of promoting personal self-reliance and social progress
Vilavi is a nonprofit organization committed since September 7, 1989 with underprivileged people offering inpatient prevention and treatment addiction programs and social housing with community support.
The objective of the organization is to help people regain their independence.
Vilavi provides services to adult men and women struggling with drug problems, alcohol and homeless or people at risk of homelessness or living in residential instability.
Vilavi’s treatment center is certified by the Centre Intégré de la Santé et des services sociaux de Lanaudière.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Gilles Beauregard: Community representative, director of a community-based organization, president
- Daniel Legault: Community representative, secretary
- Samuel Tremblay: Community representative, Beneficiary representative, treasurer
- Virginie Saine-Loiselle: Community representative, volunteer.
- Carole Achour : Community representative, business entrepreneur
- Salina Kassam: Community representative, director of therapeutic community, employee
- José Angel Rodriguez: Community representative, community counselor, employee
Vilavi is a member organization of the Association Québécoise des Centres d’intervention en Dépendances (AQCID), RAPSIM (Réseau d’Aide aux Personnes Seules et Itinérantes de Montréal, the FOHM and the FOH3L (Fédération des OSBL d’Habitation de Montréal et de Lanaudière), the Table de concertation du faubourg Saint-Laurent (TCFSL), the AIDQ (Association des Intervenants en Dépendance du Québec), Table Régionale de l’Economie Sociale de Lanaudière (TRESL), the CLDEM (Centre Local de Développement des Moulins), TOMS (Table des Organismes Montréalais de lutte contre le SIDA) and RIOCM (Regroupement Intersectoriel des Organismes Communautaires de Montréal).
1273 rue Saint André, Montréal, Québec, H2L 3T1 – Tel : 514-875-7013
1516-1522 rue Aylwin, Montréal, Québec, H1W 3B9
1600 Cote Terrebonne, Terrebonne, Québec, J6Y 1G8 – Tel : 450-964-6566
Charity number 123654188RR0001 – TPS: 123654188RT – TVQ: 1014464405 – NEQ : 1140396640